GOODBYE MY FRIEND

Early morning the phone rang. I just ignore it, but i did see the caller and I already knew what was the news. But i am not ready to hear it yet. So i continue to sleep. When i woke up to go to work, i checked the phone again, there was few messages via whatsapp. One of it was the news that my dearest friend Maryam Soraya Latif passed away last nite due to breast cancer. My instinct was right. 

My heart was really heavy, wanted to cry but no tears coming out. Feeling sad, like losing something today. 

She was a friend, a schoolmate, we never in the same class, or talk to each other during school days. But we knew each other by names only, till the 1st reunion we held 10 years ago, that was the first time we say hello to each other. It was quite an awkward moment because never speak during schooldays. But since i was in the committee, so i have to attend to everyone & made everyone comfortable.

In 2010 we had another reunion, she was there, this time we were more comfortable with each other. We communicate most of the time on FB... we laughed, we joke & she was the one who encourage me to plant flowers. She even brought plants for me all the way from Kuantan. Thank you my friend.

Last nite, she is on her way to her final destination. Goodbye my friend, i am going to miss you. May Allah bless you & reward you jannah .

Al-fatihah.

Comments

Popular Posts