BETRAYAL

"Love is whatever you can still betray ... Betrayal can only happen if you love. "
-- John LeCarre

"Those have most power to hurt us, that we love. "
-- Francis Beaumont and John Fletcher, from The Maid's Tragedy

"FIDELITY, n. A virtue peculiar to those who are about to be betrayed."
-- Ambrose Bierce

"Keep guard over your eyes and ears as the inlets of your heart, and over your lips as the outlets, lest they betray you in a moment of unwariness."
-- Anne Bronte

"Affairs are loaded with romanticism, morality, mythology, and intense emotions. They're not really about sex, but about pain and fear and the desire to feel alive. They're also about betrayal."
-- Emily Brown

"They talk of a man betraying his country, his friends, his sweetheart. There must be a moral bond first. All a man can betray is his conscience. "
-- Joseph Conrad

"Naturally, when one makes progressive steps, there may be some who see it as a betrayal of their goals and interests."
-- Louis Farrakhan

"Betrayal is the only truth that sticks."
-- Arthur Miller

"There are three signs of a hypocrite: when he speaks he speaks lies, when he makes a promise he breaks it, and when he is trusted he betrays his trust."
-- Muhammad

"Love never dies a natural death. It dies because we don't know how to replenish it's source. It dies of blindness and errors and betrayals. It dies of illness and wounds; it dies of weariness, of withering, of tarnishing.""
-- Anais Nin

"No soul of high estate can take pleasure in slander. It betrays a weakness."
-- Blaise Pascal

"No soul of high estate can take pleasure in slander. It betrays a weakness."
-- Blaise Pascal

"I sometimes react to making a mistake as if I have betrayed myself. My fear of making a mistake seems to be based on the hidden assumption that I am potentially perfect and that if I can just be very careful I will not fall from heaven. But a 'mistake' is a declaration of the way I am, a jolt to the way I intend, a reminder I am not dealing with the facts. When I have listened to my mistakes I have grown."
-- Hugh Prather

"When you betray somebody else, you also betray yourself."
-- Isaac Bashevis Singer

"Betrayal is about learning not to idealize external sources."
-- Linda Talley

"Each betrayal begins with trust."
--Unknown


Comments

Popular Posts