TWISTED SOUL

The hate that pours out of your mouth
Cuts deep into my skin but yet there's no traces of blood
The words you say out of love
All I ever hear is your rage

The bitterness and anger of a spiteful man
Who is to blame for the desire to cause such pain
I'm left here alone wandering down a path
The road that's less traveled with nothing but broken gravel

Yet I do not feel as though I am lost
I'll find the my way back home
Piece by piece my world has come undone
Time will put it all back together once again
I've done it one too many times and I feel as if I'm too old
Silence has fallen and the air is so cold
I wake up under water, out of breath, so cold I whisper
If I could just breathe it would all come to an end
I tell myself this is just a wicked dream and let out a sigh
This is not what I chose, these smoke filled lies
All I can hear are the lonely cries
Shattered innocence of the girl with the lost soul
It's all twisted and I can't see with all this distortion
Will I ever find my way

The sun has risen but yet it is not a new day
It has been over and with that my soul has been set free
Unchained to wander and find my own way
I let out a deep breath and know it has all just begun
Published by Beverly Aycock

Comments

Popular Posts