Every Journey Starts With One Single Step


 
Everyone knows the old sayings, "One Step Forward, One Step At A Time". How about when we were babies and our parents could not wait for us to take that First Step.

That first step that we as babies took, was the start of our lives. We are then on our way to many different aspects of life and never stop walking. Some of us walk a straight line and become very successful people, and then there are those that walk down the wrong path in life.

Every journey starts with one single step and that step is a very important one for all of us. That first step could determine whether we head in the right or wrong direction in life.

This takes me to talking about finding the road to sobriety and why we hesitate to take that first step towards it.

Are we afraid to take it because of fear of falling or are we afraid to walk away from our addiction because we fear of not being able to survive without our crutch to lean on?

It could be both in many cases. If you are afraid of falling like you were when you were a baby that won't happen because we are now adults and quite capable of standing on our own two feet.


As far as surviving without a crutch to lean on, that is fixable also, ONLY if you want it to be. We need to stand up to our demons and surrender to them. Only then will we be able to take that first step towards the road to recovery.

I know many people, including myself that were so afraid to take that first step so we wind up standing in the same spot for a very long time and many times stepping backwards.

No one wants to go backwards in life. So whats stopping us from moving forward to a better life and seeing the world as it should be? FEAR is the main reason for us to hesitate on making that move.

What are we going to do about it? I for one made my mind up and finally admitted that I had an alcohol addiction.  My question to myself was, "How was I going to correct this problem"? The first thing that I did was to change my outlook on life and how I saw myself and others as well.

Secondly, I changed my negativity of my life to one hundred percent Positivity. Having a Positive Attitude in life can make a huge difference in your success, not only with becoming clean and sober, but anything that life throws your way..

You will never achieve anything in life being and thinking negative.

Comments

Popular Posts