Question Without Answer

She heard the sound of the footsteps outside the door. The sound of the grilled opened and the main door opened as he entered. He looked at her once glance only, avoiding looking into her eyes and proceed to sit on the sofa. His face was tight, she dare not utter a word, but grabbed his hand and kissed the back of his hand as what she usually do when he comes back. He did not say a word or look at her. She served him some beverages and light meal. 

The house was very quiet, but the TV was on... She tried to make some conversation, but he seems not interested. She looked at him. The smile has been missing, not like always. She lean her body on his chest. He did not move, but sit still and no reaction coming from him. 

"I am so sorry", finally she said.

"I hate it when you do that. I told you so many times and you keep doing the same thing." Finally he burst. 

"You know why I did it, you know how difficult this situation for me. I did not ask much. Just little, little things, which I don't think that you cannot accommodate to it." Tears started flowing on her cheeks. She tried so hard not to cry.

"Why can't you just wait, why can't you be patient. Why you have to text me and said all those words" He raised his voice.

"It is the only way I can tell you how I really feel, what is in my mind. If not, we will just let it passing us, like everything is alright, like everything is perfect. But the actual fact, it is not." She said slowly. Her tears had stopped. She looked into his eyes. Waiting for his reply.

"Why it has to be this way? Don't you think, all of this happen for a reason? A reason that only Allah knows. I have been thinking a lot about it. How did we manage to be in this situation in the first place? How did we arrived here? It is empty. We can here the sound, but it is empty. Do you know why?" She continued, held his hand in hers.

Image result for couples hands

He looked at her. His eyes soften, "I don't know, I really don't know."

"I think, Allah is teaching us something, to feel something. There must be something in it. If not we will not be here." She put her head on his chest. Looking at the TV blankly.

Image result for her head on his chest

"Maybe". He said softly, holding her in his arms. As they sit like that for hours. Thinking, trying to understand the works of Allah. Trying to find out the wisdom behind all this thing. And she is praying, praying hard that things will change, that it is going to be better.





Comments

Popular Posts